As the Chair of the Senate Committee on Corporations, Senator Miller's priorities are creating jobs by supporting small businesses and protecting the environment. His chief priority as the State Senator has always been to provide a strong voice for the residents of District 28. During this past legislative session Senator Miller not only dealt with the state's economy and environmental issues, but also worked to solve other issues affecting Rhode Island families.
As the State Senator from District 28, Josh Miller:
- Sponsored and passed legislation to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana
- Spoke out on behalf of Edgewood citizens opposed to a high-traffic 24-hour pharmacy in a residential neighborhood
- Sponsored and passed legislation that directs the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) to develop a Foster Parents' Bill of Rights, which defines the roles and responsibilities of foster parents and provides them with basic protections
- Introduced legislation to add "gender identity or expression" along with the already established racial, religious, ethnic, sexual orientation, gender or disability prejudice as possible motivators for Hate Crimes, as investigated by the police department
- Co-sponsored Marriage Equality legislation